Someone asked me today if I am scared about going to Africa.
I am scared.
I am scared about every couple of hours.
But, most of the things, I fear, are things that have nothing to do with traveling to and/or living in Africa.
- I am scared, I am taking a month off of work without pay.
- I am scared, my current jobs will be reassigned to someone else during my absence.
- I am scared, my finances won’t be able to carry me through if I don’t raise enough funding.
- I am scared, I won’t be able to pay my bills once I get back.
So, yes, I feel fear. Then, I quickly remember, this is not about me. At all…..
- I remind myself that, fears will never, ever be enough of a reason to NOT become a part of this project. I am going.
- I remind myself that, Zambia has presented itself to me for a reason. TRUST it. I am going.
- I remind myself that, my ovaries will never require a maternity leave and/or time off to be with kids during summer months, so I this is minor in comparison. I am going.
- I remind myself that, it is with an appreciative heart that I am asking my work to be accommodating, so hopefully all involved will be well and understanding. Either way, I am going.
- I remind myself that, the Universe will bring me what I need, even if whatever that is isn’t what I consider ideal. I am going.
And, just breathe.